From Louis.Mast...@log-net.com
Subject Re: Hints for Integrating Custom Authentication?
Date Mon, 11 Jan 2010 01:29:51 GMT
Tom:

Last year I implemented jspwiki with our app using a custom login module.
I had to write some pretty custom auth - jspwiki is only accessible from
our app and only after our app logs authenticates the user.

I won't bore the list with details unnecessarily, but if it may help you,
let me know and I'll post details.

-Lou

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
LOG-NET, Inc.
The Logistics Network Management System
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
230 Half Mile Road
Third Floor
Red Bank, NJ 07701
PH: 732-758-6800
FAX: 732-747-7497
http://www.LOG-NET.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CONFIDENTIAL & PRIVILEGED
Unless otherwise indicated or if obvious from the nature of the content,
the information contained herein is privileged and confidential
information/work product. The communication is intended for the use of the
individual or entity named above.  If the reader of this transmission is
not the intended recipient, you are  hereby notified that any
notify the sender immediately by telephone (732-758-6800) or by electronic
mail (postmaster@LOG-NET.com), and destroy any copies, electronic, paper
or otherwise, which you may have of this communication.  Thank you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tom Wheeler <tomwheel@gmail.com>
01/08/2010 06:03 PM
Please respond to
jspwiki-user@incubator.apache.org

jspwiki-user@incubator.apache.org
cc

Subject
Hints for Integrating Custom Authentication?

I'd like to integrate JSPWiki with our company's Web-based single sign
on system (SSO).  I've figured out how I can plug in a custom
authenticator to validate the username/password specified on the
JSPWiki login page, but this won't work with our SSO.

To be more specific, our SSO is implemented somewhat like Kerberos,
where the application does not have access to the credientials but
simply delegates to another server for authentication.  Thus, I  won't
have a login page on JSPWiki at all -- I just want to plug in some
code that will provide whatever user information JSPWiki might need
(and redirect unauthenticated requests to the remote server).

It's not clear to me what I should subclass and how to configure
JSPWiki to use it.  Any hints about how to do this would be greatly
appreciated.

--
Tom Wheeler
http://www.tomwheeler.com/