From Weijian Fang ...@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Subject edit PagePermission implies createPages WikiPermission?
Date Thu, 14 Jan 2010 15:34:23 GMT
Hi,

In my jspwiki 2.6.2 isntallation, if I give the "edit" PagePermission
to somebody, e.g. Authenticated users,  but not the "createPages"
WikiPermission, my understanding is the users should be able to edit
existing pages but not create new pages.

grant
  principal com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.authorize.Role "Authenticated" {
    permission com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.permissions.PagePermission "*:*", "view";
    permission com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.permissions.PagePermission "*:*", "edit";
    permission com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.permissions.PagePermission
"*:*", "upload";
//    permission com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.permissions.WikiPermission
"*", "createPages";
};

However, my authenticated users also get the permission to create
pages. In my experiments, the "upload" PagePermission does not imply
"createPages", but "edit" does.

Have anyone seen this before? Where did I do wrong? Many thanks.

Weijian