From Tom Wheeler <tomwh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hints for Integrating Custom Authentication?
Date Wed, 13 Jan 2010 22:42:37 GMT
I may have spoken too soon in my previous message.  I think I'm
probably close, but it's definitely not working.  Most of my confusion
comes from outdated documentation related to authentication in the
Wiki.  Several times I've followed something that seems to address my
problem, only to find out that it's for some earlier version and does
not apply to 2.8.3.  In the end, I am not really sure what's correct
for my version.

My first step was based on Jack Hericus' example.  I subclassed the
AbstractLoginModule to check the session for authentication
credentials and then added the principals upon login.  I put the JAR
file containing this class in the WEB-INF/lib directory and then set
the jspwiki.loginModule.class property in the jspwiki.properties file
to its fully-qualified name.  I had several log statements in the
login() method, but none of the messages ever showed up in the log.
It was at least trying to create the class, though, because I
intentionally changed the class name to something invalid as a test
and JSPWiki failed to start because of it.

My next step was based on Andrew's advice to register a servlet filter
before JSPWiki's filter and then wrap the request to set the user
Principal.  This *almost* worked -- after my filter is invoked,
JSPWiki shows that I am authenticated and logged in using the expected
name.  But a lot of other things don't work, such as saving the user
preferences (no error, but they immediately revert to their defaults).
 Viewing the profile or group tabs on the preferences pages doesn't
work either; clicking the tabs does not change what's shown. This is
also true of the Attach tab on any page, though the Info tab does show
the history of my edits.

The userdatabase.xml and groupdatabase.xml files are present but empty
(except for their root elements).  I'd like to use JSPWiki to manage
the groups, if that's possible.

Any ideas as to what I should check?  Is there a simple example which
uses 2.8.3 for custom login anywhere?

Thanks for any help-

Tom

--