From Janne Jalkanen <janne.jalka...@ecyrd.com>
Subject Re: Contributed Plugins License
Date Sun, 20 Dec 2009 19:43:34 GMT

This is an interesting question.  I don't think we can in any way force people to adopt some
particular license (though since you cannot relicense, I'm not sure how the different viral
licenses would work - a GPL plugin for an Apache-based program could certainly not enforce
us to obey the GPL).

It might be a good idea to add instructions how to license your code under the ASL to the
ContributedPlugins, but we should be careful not to imply that it's the only option. But I
think it might be a good idea to encourage people to declare at least some sort of a license.

Could please write up something, J├╝rgen?

/Janne