From Thomas Engelschmidt ...@zama.org>
Subject Re: Visual LDAP user name
Date Sat, 24 Oct 2009 11:25:22 GMT
The group and permission system in the jspwiki is rather dynamic, and
ldaps tends to be readonly except for a groups of administrators.
There for there is still need for the user.xml and group.xml. But in
my opinion the user.xml needs to be automatically updated when a new
ldap user is logged in.

Otherwise granting and managing jspwiki permissions i a nightmare,
this also enhanced since there is no check on if a user exist - when
adding users to wiki group or setting a page permission.

I think the following should be changed.

- First time a new user is logged in - the user should be added to the
the user.xml and redirect to the profile page for setting additional
information (email, full name and section edition etc)

- Adding page permission should lookup if the group or the user exist.

- Adding users to a wiki group should only be possible for existing
users.

/Thomas