From Andrew Jaquith <andrew.r.jaqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GroupPermission
Date Wed, 30 Sep 2009 21:32:50 GMT
That won't work, because permissions are "unions" of one another,
rather than intersections.

What you are asking for, essentially, is a "negative" permission...
that is, grant all group members of all groups EXCEPT if it's called
"Editors" to edit the group. Or putting it differently, deny
permission to edit group membership when the group name is "Editors."

Negative permissions aren't possible in JSPWiki, nor are they planned.
The work-around would be to grant groupmember edit rights explicitly
only to those groups you want members to be able to edit. That's a
little more tedious, to be sure.

Sorry if this wasn't the answer you were looking for.

Andrew