From Janne Jalkanen <janne.jalka...@ecyrd.com>
Subject Re: java.io.WriteAbortedException: writing aborted
Date Fri, 04 Sep 2009 06:47:53 GMT
Heya!

What do you mean "gave / as a base directory?"  Do you mean base URL
or work directory?

The Base URL should be the *absolute* URL to your wiki. For example,
on jspwiki.org, the baseURL is

jspwiki.baseURL=http://www.jspwiki.org/

If you're having getting the ROOT to work, you can also try putting it
under webapps/JSPWiki, then do the following configuration magic in
your server.xml (or relevant contexts/jspwiki.xml):

       <Host name="www.jspwiki.org" appBase="/p/web/www-data/www.jspwiki.org/webapps
"
             unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true">
              <Context path="" docBase="JSPWiki" debug="1"/>

              <Alias>jspwiki.org</Alias>

              <Valve
className="org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve"
                  directory="logs"  prefix="jspwiki_access_log."
suffix=".txt"
                  pattern="common" resolveHosts="false"/>
       </Host>

The WriteAbortedException is harmless (though unfortunate) and is due
to your tomcat configuration.  You can get rid of it by adding

<Manager className=""/>

in the context section.

(Just noticed, we should be able to add <distributable>false</
distributable> in the web.xml to get rid of this message as well.)

/Janne

On 4 Sep 2009, at 05:56, Jerry Ji Jie wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I finally got over the Install.jsp hurdle by cleaning up webapps/ROOT/
> and moving everything under JSPWiki/ there. (Luckily JSPWiki is the
> only
> intended application for my Tomcat.) Is the JSPWiki release README
> blatantly wrong? Has anyone got the below working?
>
> """
> 2) After you've installed the engine and checked that it works, you
> just
>  make a subdirectory under $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/.
>  For example, if you want your application to be called 'wiki', just
> create a directory
>  called 'wiki', then extract all files from the war file into that
>  directory, preserving the directory structure.
>
> 3) Point your browser at http://<myhost>/JSPWiki/Install.jsp
>   (Or, if you renamed it in the previous phase, use something like
>   http://<myhost>/wiki/Install.jsp)
> """
>
> However, that's not the end of the story. At installation, I left all
> values default and gave "/" as base directory (which I don't
> understand
> but can't skip). And during the subsequent Tomcat restart, I got
> WriteAbortedException --
>
> java.io.WriteAbortedException: writing aborted;
> java.io.NotSerializableException
> : com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.UserManager
>        at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(Unknown Source)
>
> And am not able to find/access my wiki. (Install.jsp redirection
> fails)
>
> What is going on here? It should not be due to lack of write
> permission
> because files such as WEB-INF/jspwiki.properties have been
> successfully
> written by the Install.jsp.
>
> Has everyone gone through a similar amount of hassle just to set up a
> vanilla JSPWiki?
>
> Jerry

>>> found
>>> org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.jspError
>>> (DefaultErrorHand
>>> ler.java:51)
>>> org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.dispatch