From Louis Masters <louis.mast...@log-net.com>
Subject Re: Problems upgrading, 2.6 to 2.8
Date Thu, 03 Sep 2009 12:33:49 GMT
Is this Tomcat?  When I went from 2.6 to 2.8 I had some really strange issues until I remembered
to clear out all of the 'temp' directories.
-Lou

Nascif Abousalh-Neto wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to upgrade from 2.6 to 2.8.2; I had don’t upgrades before and usually after
some work they worked OK.

> Now the wiki is not even starting, and I wonder if there wasn’t a change that made
it non-backward compatible. Here are the exceptions I am seeing at the logs:

> 2009-09-02 18:28:54,315 [http-80-3] FATAL com.ecyrd.jspwiki.WikiEngine  - PageProvider
is unable to list pages:
> com.ecyrd.jspwiki.providers.ProviderException: Attachment disappeared while reading information:
if you did not touch the repository, there is a serious bug somewhere. Attachment = log.exe-dir,
decoded = log.exe

> I looked the pages repository and I didn’t have any log.exe-dir directory. Worse, the
attachments I have there use the suffix –att, not –dir. Was there a change on how attachments
are stored? I am using a VersioningFileProvider.

> The second problem is below. I don’t think I had setup any filters. Where can I check
to get more info about their configuration? Only thing close to that that I did was to remove
the comments on web.xml to enable XML-RPC and mail notification.

> 2009-09-02 18:28:54,315 [http-80-3] FATAL com.ecyrd.jspwiki.WikiEngine  - Failed to start
managers.
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Attempt to provide a null filter - this should never
happen.  Please check your configuration (or if you're a developer, check your own code.)
>         at com.ecyrd.jspwiki.filters.FilterManager.addPageFilter(FilterManager.java:145)
>         at com.ecyrd.jspwiki.WikiEngine.initialize(WikiEngine.java:590)
>         at com.ecyrd.jspwiki.WikiEngine.<init>(WikiEngine.java:399)
>         at com.ecyrd.jspwiki.WikiEngine.getInstance(WikiEngine.java:340)
>         at com.ecyrd.jspwiki.ui.WikiServletFilter.init(WikiServletFilter.java:79)
>         at com.ecyrd.jspwiki.ui.WikiJSPFilter.init(WikiJSPFilter.java:76)
>
> I added my extra plugin jars to the web-inf/lib, but I made sure I didn’t replace any
of the existing JSPWiki 2.8.2 jars.

> Any hint or suggestion will be greatly appreciated. We have a lot of content and I would
like to move to the latest and greatest version of JSPWiki.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
LOG-NET, Inc.
The Logistics Network Management System
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
230 Half Mile Road
Third Floor
Red Bank, NJ 07701
PH: 732-758-6800
FAX: 732-747-7497
http://www.LOG-NET.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CONFIDENTIAL & PRIVILEGED
Unless otherwise indicated or if obvious from the nature of the content, the information contained
herein is privileged and confidential
information/work
product. The communication is intended for the use of the individual or entity named above.
 If the reader of this transmission is not the intended
recipient, you are  hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this
communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have
received
this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone (732-747-7699)
or by electronic mail (postmaster@LOG-NET.com), and
destroy any copies, electronic, paper or otherwise, which you may have of this communication.
 Thank you.