From Brian Burch <br...@PingToo.com>
Subject New plugin for managing Photo Collections
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2009 14:55:21 GMT
Thanks very much to everyone who helped me getting started with this
development. I have just added the initial release of my
PhotoCollectionPlugin to the section for contributed plugins.

http://www.jspwiki.org/wiki/PhotoCollectionPlugin

My documentation is oriented toward running it under linux and tomcat.
It gives the impression there might be setup problems with windows - I
don't know whether there are any in fact, because I don't run windows.

It has been quite a while since I started this development, so I wanted
to publish it as soon as I felt it was useful and stable. It is a bit
clunky and I'm rather embarrassed that I haven't had time or skill to
make it more impressive. Please try it out and take a look at my ToDo
list - any suggestions will be appreciated.

There is a fairly comprehensive set of jUnit tests which ALL run
standalone - I built-in some logic that allowed me to run most of the
code in a meaningful manner outside a jspWiki webapp container.

My next task is to make it simpler to install. I intend to improve the
existing custom tag and css changes so they can be added to the core
distribution. I decided to keep them separate at this stage because I
wanted my plugin to run on older versions of jspWiki.

Regards,

Brian Burch