From Will Berriss <w...@berriss.co.uk>
Subject Re: Ubuntu JSPWiki Installation: Help, where is JSPWiki.war file?
Date Wed, 05 Aug 2009 17:25:39 GMT
Hi Terry,

Thanks very much for that! That's certainly the sort of thing I am
looking for.

I've tried to do what you have done with the link, and as I had no
WEB_INF directory at all, I simply copied recursively all the stuff in
/usr/share/tomcat5.5-webapps/jsp-examples/WEB-INF
to where I want my wiki to be.
Does that sound OK?

I also updated jspwiki.properties as per yours and according to
http://localhost:8180/manager/html

my application mywiki is running (well, it was before, but it does
nothing)

But then, on that manager page, when I click on the link to go to mywiki,
namely:

http://localhost:8180/mywiki/

It says:
HTTP Status 404 - /mywiki/

type Status report

message /mywiki/

description The requested resource (/mywiki/) is not available.
Apache Tomcat/5.5

I have not set up a policy as yet (do I need one? or is this just for
a secure server?)

Anyway, this is as far as I have got so far.  It's a bit further but
till the missing link is in place, I have no wiki at all of course.

Do I need more stuff in WEB-INF?  What is SUPPOSED to be in there
exactly?

Do I need anything more in addition to WEB-INF?

I don't have a WEB-INF/filters.xml file for a start.  Do I need one?

Thanks!

Will