From Will Berriss <w...@berriss.co.uk>
Subject Ubuntu JSPWiki Installation: Help, where is JSPWiki.war file?
Date Tue, 04 Aug 2009 20:07:28 GMT
Hi,

I have installed the binary package jspwiki on my Ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty)
server (amd64) and am trying to get JSPWiki up and running, but I can
only get as far as having Tomcat up and running.

I can successfully bring up the page http://localhost:8180/manager/html
BUT I cannot upload the JSPWiki.war file because I don't have one.

Yet it is at this point that ALL the instructions on the web and the
READMEs tell me that I should now extract or upload the JSPWiki.war file,
but I simply do not have such a file. :(

e.g. In /usr/share/doc/jspwiki/README.gz
Step 2 says:

2) After you've installed the engine and checked that it works, you just
  make a subdirectory under $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/.
  For example, if you want your application to be called 'wiki', just
create a directory called 'wiki', then extract all files from the war file into that directory,
preserving the directory structure.

But there is no WAR file ANYWHERE. :(

(By the way, I assume TOMCAT_HOME is now called CATALINA_HOME?)

I search all my hard drives and checked the package's filelist, and there
is no such file as JSPWiki.war there.

$ dpkg -L jspwiki | grep JSPWiki
  /usr/share/jspwiki/WEB-INF/lib/JSPWiki.jar
  /etc/tomcat5.5/Catalina/localhost/JSPWiki.xml

The closest is JSPWiki.jar but the upload FAILS if I try that, saying,
  "FAIL - File uploaded "JSPWiki.jar" must be a .war"
So I cannot deploy that.

My jspwiki is version 2.8.0-3

What do I have to do to get JSPWiki working?  I had the same trouble a
couple of years ago with Ubuntu Hardy, and gave up, but the same issue
is giving be grief in Jaunty.

Where do I get the JSPWiki.war file from?
Do I really need one or is there another way, a better way to get
JSPWiki working?  I thought with Ubuntu, once installed and once I had
run dpkg-reconfigure jspwiki, I would be up and running,  But I am not.

I just want a simple out-of-the-box JSPWiki up and running, nothing
fancy, but I am getting nowhere.

Please can anyone help or point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!

Will
E-mail: will@berriss.co.uk