From Andrew Goodnough <agoo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about Incoming and Outgoing links after an upgrade
Date Fri, 10 Jul 2009 20:39:36 GMT
Forget my last post.  I found at the bottom of my jspwiki.properties file
that the workDir property *was* set to /tmp so my new setting above was
being overriden below.  Removing the duplicate property and restarting, my
workDir was populated with new metadata and everything now works.  Thanks
again.

Andy

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 3:34 PM, Andrew Goodnough <agoodno@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the response.  I didn't have that variable set in the
> jspwiki.properties file, so I set it and it seemed to take a long time to
> come up after a Tomcat restart which I figured was good, but still no
> change.  Also, my new "workDir" directory is empty (I was expecting to see
> something in there after the restart but I'm not basing this on anything)
> Looking in the jspwiki.log file, I see:
>
> 2009-07-10 15:20:51,058 [main] INFO com.ecyrd.jspwiki.ReferenceManager  -
> Starting cross reference scan of WikiPages
>
> -snip-
>
> 2009-07-10 15:21:07,041 [main] INFO com.ecyrd.jspwiki.ReferenceManager  -
> Cross reference scan done in 0:00:15.983
>
> Is this the process which creates the metadata?  Anything else I can try?
>
> Andy
>

> On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 2:41 PM, Janne Jalkanen <janne.jalkanen@ecyrd.com>wrote:
>

>> Try emptying the work directory of your JSPWiki installation
>> (jspwiki.workDir).  That should cause a rebuild of all internal metadata.
>>
>> /Janne
>>

>> On 10 Jul 2009, at 21:48, Andrew Goodnough wrote:
>>
>>  I upgraded from version 2.2.33 to version 2.8.2 because I really like the
>>> new "Incoming" and "Outgoing" links feature.  We have a lot of old pages
>>> could delete if I could only make sure nothing was referencing them.
>>> Unfortunately, while I see the feature working here (as an example)
>>> http://doc.jspwiki.org/2.4/PageInfo.jsp?page=DocMain, on my wiki it
>>> doesn't
>>> work.  I installed the new version clean and once it was up and running,