From ktf <kfrey...@fnal.gov>
Subject 2.8 new installation, old data, links not working ...
Date Wed, 29 Jul 2009 15:37:25 GMT

I have installed a fresh JSPWiki 2.8 on a tomcat 5.0 app server. I altered
only the jspwiki.properties and jspwiki.policy pages. I did update the
User password database per the info on :
http://www.jspwiki.org/wiki/UserDatabaseConversion
I am pointing to content that was created with JSPWiki 2.4 (using
RCSFileProvider).
The 2.8 Wiki is set to use RCSFileProvider also. I don't know if using the
2.4 content is a problem.

The wiki comes up with no errors in the error log, however, when going to
the
main page, there are no "decorations", no left menu, everything is shoved
into
one column on the left side. The content does show with link active. I can
upload
a picture if you want to see what it looks like

When clicking on a link, you get a blank page. I believe it is because the
URL is incorrect. The homepage url is  http://mymachine:8080/MyTestWiki.
When clicking on a link, for example, the wiki page "General", the wiki
attempts
to go to http://mymachine:8080/Wiki.jsp?page=General. I believe this should
have been http://mymachine:8080/MyTestWiki/Wiki.jsp?page=Genera. (note
added MyTestWiki). When I add MyTestWiki in the appropriate place by hand,
I successfully get to the "General" page, which has the same bad format
(everything to the left) and acts the same (clicking on links give the same
address missing MyTestWiki).

Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks
Kelley Trombly-Freytag