From Bob Paige <bobpa...@gmail.com>
Subject Tracking development process in the wiki?
Date Fri, 26 Jun 2009 18:37:21 GMT
All,
I'm looking for a solution for my workplace. I am the maintainer for our
v2.6.3 JSPWiki installation, so I'm hoping there is a solution that will fit
into the wiki.

The problem is this: I'll be working on a software task that has a number of
steps (design, code, test, deploy, release-note, etc.) and get side-tracked
by another issue which has its own sequence of steps. Eventually all this
needs to be wrapped up into a release. There are multiple developers working
on multiple projects that have their own inter-dependencies.

Are any of you tracking this type of flow in a wiki? If not, what are you
using to track it all?

The obvious solution to me is scheduling software (i.e. MS Project) but our
project managers have little understanding/interest in the level of detail
I'm talking about here, and they wouldn't let us add to their schedules
anyway.

Ideas?

--
Bobman