From Janne Jalkanen <janne.jalka...@ecyrd.com>
Subject Re: URGENT -- UTF-* encoding issue
Date Tue, 09 Jun 2009 20:39:23 GMT

Since the data on-disk is already different from what was posted, it's
quite likely that the HTTP POST is not parsed correctly by the servlet
container. There is a change - in 2.4 we were explicitly parsing with
new String( String.getBytes("Latin1"), "UTF-8" ), but with 2.8 we're
using request.setCharacterEncoding("UTF-8").

This could be the reason, in which case it looks like Weblogic has a
fairly serious problem.

/Janne