From Louis.Mast...@log-net.com
Subject Re: change default.properties in jar
Date Thu, 21 May 2009 12:24:09 GMT
Luca:

Thanks.  Your note helped me figure out what I was doing wrong.  The
default_en.properties file completely overrides the default.properties
file so whenI was changing the default.props with my default.props, it was
being overriden by the default default_en.props.

Thanks to all who posted on this.

-Lou

"lgilardoni61@gmail.com" <lgilardoni61@gmail.com> wrote on 05/20/2009
05:30:48 PM:

> Well, just checked under tomcat and working fine with
> WEB-INF\classes\templates\default_en.properties (i use
> default_en.properties so that I just change what I need and all the rest

> defaults to default.properties). Did you restarted (I suspect this is
> read at startup)?
>
> Possible however that under jboss (recently checked on tomcat and the
> suggested way is guaranteed to work but I believe this depend also on
> the container ) order of loading is different.
>
> Luca
>

> Louis.Masters@log-net.com wrote:
> > OK, I put the changed default.properties file pretty much everywhere
in
> > the war directory and nothing worked.  Am I missing something?
> >
> > I tried:
> > WEB-INF/default.properties
> > WEB-INF/templates/default.properties
> > WEB-INF/classes/default.properties
> > WEB-INF/classes/templates/default.properties
> > WEB-INF/lib/default.properties
> > WEB-INF/lib/templates/default.properties
> > <war>/templates/default.properties
> >
> > I'm using 2.8.1 under JBoss 4.2 and java 1.5.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Lou
> >

> > "lgilardoni61@gmail.com" <lgilardoni61@gmail.com>
> > 05/20/2009 03:15 AM
> > Please respond to
> > jspwiki-user@incubator.apache.org

> > jspwiki-user@incubator.apache.org
> > cc
> >
> > Subject
> > Re: change default.properties in jar
> >

> > Surely :-) but under classes/templates/default.properties  (at least
> > with 2.8.x)

> > Janne Jalkanen wrote:
> >
> >> Probably :-)
> >>
> >> /Janne