From "Carlson, Eric R" <eric.carl...@kroger.com>
Subject RE: Wiki page showing up as last changed by UnknownAuthor
Date Thu, 14 May 2009 17:39:27 GMT
Harry,

        I don't think there were any pages present before I set up the wiki.  All have been
added since.  In this case, this appears to be a new page created yesterday.

                                                Eric R. Carlson
                                                        Eric.Carlson@kroger.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Harry Metske [mailto:harry.metske@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2009 1:32 PM
To: jspwiki-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Wiki page showing up as last changed by UnknownAuthor

are these ones pages that were there before you set up your wiki ?
those ones don't have a history (1 version), you can verify that by looking
in jspwiki's pages/OLD directory, if there is no page.properties file for
the page, then that is the case.

If you would modify such a page and save it, it should show a valid user.

regards,
Harry

2009/5/14 Carlson, Eric R <eric.carlson@kroger.com>

> We are running JSPWiki 2.8.0, and I have security set up so that everyone
> can view wiki pages, but a user must be signed-on in order to be allowed to
> edit or create a page.  I've seen this in effect myself when I have tried to
> edit a page only to be told that I'm an unauthenticated user (not logged in
> yet).
>
> This morning I noticed a page in the 'Recent Updates' list that says it was
> edited by 'UnknownAuthor'.  It also says the same thing when I open the page
> and view the 'Info' tab.
>
> Other than having someone change their user preferences so their name was
> 'UnknownAuthor' (which I doubt anyone did), how would this be possible?
> Has anyone seen this before?
>
> Eric R. Carlson
> Eric.Carlson@kroger.com

> This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the
> intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is confidential and
> protected by law from unauthorized disclosure. Any unauthorized review, use,
> recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies
> of the original message.

This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
and may contain information that is confidential and protected by law from unauthorized disclosure.
intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the