From "Duffy, Thomas J." <thomas.du...@ngc.com>
Subject RE: Issue with JBOSS-5.0.0.GA
Date Mon, 18 May 2009 12:44:32 GMT
Folks,

The Wiki is now working.  I removed the xmlrpc.jar file from WEB-INF/lib
and that fixed the final problem.  So the combination of:

replacing WEB-INF/lib/commons-logging-api.jar with
commons-logging-adapters-1.1.1.jar

along with removing WEB-INF/lib/xmlrpc.jar were the steps needed to fix
the problem.

Many thanks,

Tom Duffy

-----Original Message-----
From: Duffy, Thomas J. [mailto:thomas.duffy@ngc.com]
Sent: Sunday, May 17, 2009 8:36 AM
To: jspwiki-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: Issue with JBOSS-5.0.0.GA

Folks,

As Harry notes, it definitely looks like a classloading issue.  I just
did a google specifying the error message:

Java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraints violated when linking
org/xml/sax/DTDHandler class+JBOSS

In response, google returned 2 hits, the first one was my prior mail
message and the second one was:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.java.xdoclet.user/7798

In that correspondence the submitter noted that he ran into an issue
with XML parsers.  His web application needed to use weblogic.jar which
contains an XML parser, but his application uses an XML parser too.  In
my JBOSS installation, I currently run only 1 other web application (an
EAR file) and it does use an XML parser.  It gets deployed prior to
JSPWiki.  Could they be interfering with one another?

Cheers,

Tom Duffy