From Luca Gilardoni <...@quinary.com>
Subject Re: AW: UserTimezone shift after 2.8.1 Upgrade
Date Wed, 06 May 2009 12:53:04 GMT
Fischer, Nicola (ORISA Software GmbH) ha scritto:
> Ok, the userprofiles are lost, but anyone has an idea why these setting don┬┤t apply?
>
> jspwiki.defaultprefs.template.dateformat =dd-MMM-yyyy HH:mm
> jspwiki.defaultprefs.template.timezone =GMT+01:00
> jspwiki.defaultprefs.template.orientation =fav-left
> jspwiki.defaultprefs.template.editor =plain

i'm exactly in the same situation, just had a look at the code ...
- if I look at the select generated in prefs I see:

  <select id='prefTimeZone' name='prefTimeZone'>
      <option value='GMT-12'  >(GMT-12) Enitwetok, Kwajalien </option>
      <option value='GMT-1'  >(GMT-1) Azores, Cape Verde Islands </option>
      <option value='GMT'  >(GMT) Casablanca, Dublin, Edinburgh, London, Lisbon, Monrovia
</option>
      <option value='Europe/Berlin'  >(GMT+1) Berlin, Brussels, Copenhagen, Madrid,
Paris, Rome [SERVER]</option>
      <option value='GMT+2'  >(GMT+2) Helsinki, Athens, Kaliningrad, South Africa, Warsaw
</option>
      <option value='GMT+12'  >(GMT+12) Auckland, Wellington, Fiji, Marshall Island
</option>
  </select>

Looks like the IDs , which comes from   TemplateManager.listTimeZones ,
gets out of sync on the default one. I have no time now to investigate more
but I strongly suspect there is something wrong in
TemplateManager.listTimeZones.
I'll let you know if I manage to go inside ...

> -----Urspr├╝ngliche Nachricht-----

 The first one is just a key-value store, and user-extensible, and the latter is our current
auth db.  This allows you to use LDAP and still benefit from local settings.

--
Luca Gilardoni
Quinary Spa,  via Pietrasanta 14, 20141, Milan, Italy