From "David Buntin" <dbun...@econtrols.com>
Subject Login works with Chrome but not IE7?
Date Fri, 22 May 2009 22:23:53 GMT
I have successfully deployed JSPWiki 2.8.1 in Tomcat5.5 and Apache2.2 on a
WinXP machine. When using Google's Chrome, a proper login attempt results
correctly in a redirect to the main page. With IE7, a proper login attempt
re-directs back to the login page.

We use JSPWiki as a common internal-use-only scratchpad within our small
company. We only want known folks using the wiki. I've configured security
to restrict any anonymous or asserted user to the login page only.
Furthermore, anonymous and asserted users cannot create an account. I
control access to the wiki via manual edits to the userdatabase.xml file.
Here are the jspwiki.policy entries:

  grant principal com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.authorize.Role "All" {

      permission com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.permissions.WikiPermission "*",
"login";

  };

  grant principal com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.authorize.Role "Anonymous" {

  };

  grant principal com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.authorize.Role "Asserted" {

  };

  grant principal com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.authorize.Role "Authenticated" {

      permission com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.permissions.PagePermission "*:*",
"view";

      permission com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.permissions.WikiPermission "*",
"editPreferences";

      permission com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.permissions.WikiPermission "*",
"editProfile";

      permission com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.permissions.PagePermission "*:*",
"modify,rename";

      permission com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.permissions.GroupPermission "*:*",
"view";

      permission com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.permissions.GroupPermission
"*:<groupmember>", "edit";

      permission com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.permissions.WikiPermission "*",
"createPages,createGroups";

  };

  grant principal com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.GroupPrincipal "Admin" {

      permission com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.permissions.AllPermission "*";

  };

  grant principal com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.authorize.Role "Admin" {

      permission com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.permissions.AllPermission "*";

  };

Is there a solution to my IE7 login problem?

Thanks in advance,

David