From Louis.Mast...@log-net.com
Subject Re: wiki form checkbox issue or my mistake
Date Wed, 15 Apr 2009 12:14:19 GMT
One more thing.  I created the checkboxes like this so I can take
advantage of the parm being passed to the back-end with the same name and
an iterator attached:

6.017 [{FormInput type='checkbox' name='patch_release' value='6.017'}]\\
6.018 [{FormInput type='checkbox' name='patch_release' value='6.018'}]\\
6.019 [{FormInput type='checkbox' name='patch_release' value='6.019'}]\\
6.501 [{FormInput type='checkbox' name='patch_release' value='6.501'}]\\
6.502 [{FormInput type='checkbox' name='patch_release' value='6.502'}]\\
6.503 [{FormInput type='checkbox' name='patch_release' value='6.503'}]\\

This results in parms like (which I need):

patch_release.0=6.019
patch_release.1=6.501
patch_release.2=6.503

I'm guessing this is causing the issue?  Maybe I'll try to hardcode the
iterator in the form:

6.017 [{FormInput type='checkbox' name='patch_release_0' value='6.017'}]\\
6.018 [{FormInput type='checkbox' name='patch_release_1' value='6.018'}]\\
and so on...

Louis.Masters@log-net.com wrote on 04/15/2009 08:06:48 AM:

> A user of mine ran into a strange issue with a wiki form that I created.
> have several checkboxes on the form (say, A, B, C with values a, b, c
> respectively).  When a user checks one of the boxes (say A), the form
> sends it to the back end correctly, all is processed OK, and I return to

> the form.  If the user tries to reuse the form without reloading the
> entire page, all of the checkboxes will send down a value of 'a' (the
> values are ignored).  I noticed this issue was brought up on the wiki
> forms plugin page (http://www.jspwiki.org/wiki/WikiFormsPlugin) by
Joachim