From Janne Jalkanen <janne.jalka...@ecyrd.com>
Subject Re: Reference Manager perfomance
Date Tue, 07 Apr 2009 18:04:00 GMT
> On emforge.org we have a quite big problem related to
> ReferenceManager:
> actually, application start takes about 10-15 minutes, and most of
> time it
> spent in ReferecenManager.initialize method (hm - how long
> jspwiki.org takes
> to start?)

About a minute.  That's because the RefMgr actually caches the
information after the first start.  Isn't your RefMgr doing so?

> Also, since most of methods/attributes of this class are private, I
> cannot
> simple inherint my class from this implementation and reuse already
> implemented functionality.

This is correct; RefMgr was never meant to be replaced by users.

However, it has already been rewritten in 3.0.  In 3.0, we store the
references directly into the repository as a part of page metadata,
which means scanning is not required during startup.

> Also, another question - if I underastand - referencemanager during
> initialization just updated and recreated it's information. It is
> required
> in cases, then pages were changed during WikiEngine restarts (if I
> understand correctly).

In 2.8 it only does so if it detects that the page has changed.  If
you don't need this, I would just simply disable the check.

/Janne