From Janne Jalkanen <janne.jalka...@ecyrd.com>
Subject Re: JspWiki in clustered environment
Date Wed, 08 Apr 2009 20:57:55 GMT

On 8 Apr 2009, at 15:41, Alexey Kakunin wrote:

> OK, since 3.0 stable is not expected in nearest time - do you think
> it make
> sense for me to spent time for tasks, I wanted to do for reference
> manager:
>
> 1. Extract Interface of ReferenceManager
> 2. Move it into configuration (which Reference Manger is used)

You can already do it with the classmappings.xml file; no need to do
this.

> 3. Move ReferenceManager methods from private to protected (to make it
> possible to reuse them)

Mmm... If you're going to provide your own version, I would just
simply copy the code. The methods are private for a reason.

> 4. Write another (custom) implementation of ReferenceManager, not
> used maps
> to store information about reffered pages, but keep this info in DB.

That should be fine.

It should also be fairly futureproof, since the import process from
2.x to 3.0 is going to rebuild the references anyway.

/Janne