From Brian Burch <br...@PingToo.com>
Subject Re: Wiki Page Name and Wiki Page Heading
Date Wed, 08 Apr 2009 21:36:09 GMT
Janne Jalkanen wrote:

> The quick solution would probably be for you to extend PageNameTag to
> provide your own prettification routine, if the page name appears to be
> a part of your photo collection.  Then you can use your own tag in the
> template, or you can replace the regular PageNameTag by editing
> jspwiki.tld.
>
> And hey, that's why this list is for - no large software project can be
> grasped easily, so it's good to have a place where you can ask stuff ;-)

Thanks, Janne, for both the quick tip and also the encouragement.

I had already thought about extending PageNameTag with my own
PrettyPageNameTag while I was researching my question. It certainly
seems the most natural solution to my problem, but I was nervous about
getting the execution environment right.

I feel somewhat constrained because I am working with a submitted plugin
which is not intended to be packaged as part of jspWiki. It is part of
my own namespace at the moment, copied into WEB-INF/lib and loaded via
jspwiki.plugin.searchpath. I haven't worked with tags before, but I can
see that the standard set are all defined in WEB-INF/jspwiki.tld. If I
were to add my own tag definition to WEB-INF/jspwiki.tld, do you think
the same ClassLoader that loads my plugin from my own jar would also be
find my custom tag in the same jar?

Brian