From Bob Paige <bobpa...@gmail.com>
Subject linking to javadocs
Date Thu, 19 Mar 2009 22:15:08 GMT
We have javadocs available on our tomcat server so I'm looking for the most
convenient way to link to them from our wiki. They are divided into a number
of libraries and lots of packages. I'd appreciate some thoughts as to the
best way to do this.

My first thought was interwiki links. There are not so many libraries that I
couldn't define links for them, but that would still yield the following
syntax:

[lib1:com/company/pkg/pkg/pkg/MyClass]

which doesn't look like a Java class name at all.

Side note: It would be cool if I could enter "com.company.pkg.etc" and have
JSPWiki change the "." for "/" using some regex.

My next thought was a plugin. Not hard to write. The syntax would end up
being:

[{Javadoc module='lib1' class='com.company.pkg.pkg.pkg.MyClass'}]

Then I could control the display and the URL transformation as well. This is
a bit more typing than the interwiki link, but does the job.

Has anyone else needed to solve this problem or have any thoughts on this?

--
Bobman