From Jim Willeke <...@willeke.com>
Subject Re: LDAP Login problems (Login.jsp?redirect issue)
Date Wed, 25 Mar 2009 09:31:10 GMT
Using compare is not a good practice when using LDAP.AFAIK, all LDAP server
implementations bypass password expiration and some even bypass disabled or
Locked by Intruder controls.

In addition, auditing on the LDAP server maybe impacted.

You should always do a bind, not a compare.

Binds will work with encrypted passwords.

You can do not need anonymous access if you specify the
connectionName="cn=admin,ou=administration,dc=willeke,dc=com"
connectionPassword="********"
..values within the realm.

Details further described here:
https://ldapwiki.willeke.com/Wiki.jsp?page=Using%20User%20Attribute%20Values%20for%20Tomcat%20Roles

-jim
Jim Willeke

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 2:33 AM, David Gao <davidgjm@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> may be of some help. Take a look at:
>        http://www.jspwiki.org/wiki/WebContainerAuthenticationViaLDAP
>
> This may be related with how 'userPassword' is encrypted in LDAP. It seems
> this configuration(comparison mode) only works for plaintext passwords. You
> may not log into JSPWiki or other applications if the password is encrypted
> in other digest algorithms like MD5,SHA,SSHA, etc.
>
> I've used LDAP authentication for JSPWiki since 2.6.x. The following is my
> configuration fragment:
>
>  <Realm   className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm" debug="99"
>           connectionURL="ldap://localhost:389"
>           userPattern="uid={0}, ou=People,dc=example,dc=com"
>           roleBase="ou=Groups,dc=example,dc=com"
>           roleName="cn"
>           roleSubtree="true"
>           roleSearch="(uniqueMember={0})"
>      />
>
> David Gao (davidgjm@gmail.com)
>

> :
>
>  Hi Wyllys,
>>
>> The same problem I faced when I tried for LDAp authentication.
>>
>> The role name you mentioned in server.xml of Tomcat must match with role
>> name you specified in web.xml of Jspwiki.
>>
>> How you are extracting ROLE Name from LDAP
>>  <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm"
>>                connectionURL="ldap://URL:389"
>>                connectionName="uid=admin,ou=Directory
>> Administrators,dc=domain,dc=com"
>>                connectionPassword="admin"
>>                userBase="ou=Root,dc=domain,dc=com"
>>                userSubtree="true"
>>                userSearch="(uid={0})"
>>                userRoleName="groups"
>> />
>> Choosing userRoleName  is very important.
>>
>> e.g. User is member of 2 groups groups= abc
>> groups=pqr
>>
>> You can either use abc or pqr in web.xml of Jspwiki for authenticated area
>> and admin area.
>> There may be many groups or one common group which include all members.
>> Just try this out and let us know result.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Trupti Patil
>>

>> Wyllys Ingersoll wrote:
>>

>>> Just following up on my earlier problem with LDAP login using JSPWiki
>>> 2.8.1
>>>
>>> The problem seems to be in how Login.jsp handles the "redirect" after a
>>> user
>>> successfully authenticates (using container-based LDAP authentication).
>>>
>>> The login succeeds and the user is redirected to
>>> "Login.jsp?redirect=Main",
>>> but Login.jsp doesn't want to allow that to happen and does not perform
>>> the redirect, instead it brings up the "/error/Forbidden.html" page.
>>>
>>> I can click through on the "Better luck next time" link and get to the
>>> main page and show up as "authenticated" and continue as an authenticated
>>> user, with all of the privileges I would expect.
>>> Login.jsp seems to be broken in some way when combined with LDAP
>>> container
>>> auth,
>>> but I'm not enough of a JAAS expert to go in and debug it.

In