From "Cole, Ronald" <rc...@usip.org>
Subject wish lists
Date Thu, 19 Mar 2009 17:35:05 GMT
Dear JSPWiki Community,

Just want you all to know that we are rooting for you.

I manage an open source project myself. We are creating a way for non-programmers to create
multi-player online training simulations. (see opensimplatform.org for details)

We need a good document editing tool to allow players to work on documents together. This
is kind of tricky since one has to point to the document by the specific database and document
id of it. We are using a very simple, but functional, WYSIWYG editor right now (openWYSIWYG
1.0).

I'd like to have more features than what we have now, specifically the ability to prevent
players from clobbering each other's edits, but ease of installation is a big deal for us.
Right now all we have to do is copy the files up, and boom its installed.

We are working on an apache/tomcat stack already, so I would rather use JSPWIKI than a php
based wiki, but from what I'm seeing, JSPWIKI will need to develop a bit more before we can
just 'pop' it in.

So please keep up your good work!  You are making my life, and the lives of many other people,
better.

:-)

Best,
Skip

Ronald "Skip" Cole
Senior Program Officer
United States Institute of Peace (http://www.usip.org) (202)457-1700 ext 4717

"It should be our pride to teach ourselves as well as we can always to speak and write as
simply and clearly and unpretentiously as possible, and to avoid like the plague the appearance
of possessing knowledge which is too deep to be clearly and simply expressed." -- Karl Popper

[cid:image001.gif@01C9A897.6D2A8140]<http://www.usip.org/building/index.html>