From "Fischer, Nicola (ORISA Software GmbH)" <fisc...@orisa.de>
Subject AW: UserTimezone shift after 2.8.1 Upgrade
Date Wed, 04 Mar 2009 09:31:00 GMT
Ok, the userprofiles are lost, but anyone has an idea why these setting don┬┤t apply?

jspwiki.defaultprefs.template.dateformat =dd-MMM-yyyy HH:mm
jspwiki.defaultprefs.template.timezone =GMT+01:00
jspwiki.defaultprefs.template.orientation =fav-left
jspwiki.defaultprefs.template.editor =plain

-----Urspr├╝ngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Janne Jalkanen [mailto:janne.jalkanen@iki.fi]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 25. Februar 2009 15:21
An: jspwiki-user@incubator.apache.org
Betreff: Re: UserTimezone shift after 2.8.1 Upgrade

> Nicola's got a point, though. The user's timezone could be easily
> persisted as a UserProfile attribute.... and it probably should be.

But that'll work only if you're using our UserDatabase.

IMO we should have a separate databases for user preferences and user authentication.  The
first one is just a key-value store, and user-extensible, and the latter is our current auth
db.  This allows you to use LDAP and still benefit from local settings.

/Janne

Virus checked by G DATA AntiVirus
Version: AVF 19.285 dated 03.03.2009