From Janne Jalkanen <Janne.Jalka...@ecyrd.com>
Subject Re: base URL problem if using JSPWiki via tomcat mod_jk
Date Wed, 04 Mar 2009 21:44:50 GMT

Shortly put, no. There are loads of things which are dependent on
getting the right hostname (cookies being one of them), and everything
just breaks subtly if you remove the baseURL from use. Your scenario
in which a wiki is available under several different hostnames was
never supported (and is a bad practice to boot).

2.6 would also break in certain cases which is why the baseurl is
required.

It is not impossible to make JSPWiki run without baseURL, but I
believe it would take quite an effort to make sure it does so in every
case.  Patches are welcome...

/Janne