From Peter Schart <p...@goodinassociates.com>
Subject Re: Preferences not being saved
Date Tue, 10 Mar 2009 16:15:27 GMT
Thanks for the suggestion, David.  Unfortunately, I don't think this
is the problem either.  As far as I can tell, the permissions are
correct.

The deeper I dig trying to fix this the more I am starting think that
something is just totally screwed (quite possibly the server itself
and nothing to do with JSPWiki).

I just keep finding more and more "weirdness" - like when I go to the
Attach tab on a page I get the "You don't have access to <page name>"
message (even though I'm logged in as a member of group Admin which
has AllPermission in my policy) and yet it happily lets me upload... ?

If I could recreate the problem on my test box I could probably figure
this out but everything works exactly as I expect it to on my test box
with the exact same setup, .policy and .property files...  I'm truly
stumped.

Back to digging...

pete

P.S. I may have found a culprit for the prefs not saving thing.  When
I load the prefs page I get a javascript error about "WikiGroup" not
being defined (it's a line that spits out the group members to the
group tab of the preference page).  The line is, for example:
"WikiGroup.putGroup("Admin", "<user>\n<user2>\n", "created
on ....");"  I'm guessing that the js error might be preventing the
cookie-writing from executing.  But again, I don't get this error on
my test box so it's probably going to be difficult to track down the
cause.