From Dirk Frederickx <dirk.frederi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Preferences not being saved
Date Tue, 10 Mar 2009 19:53:32 GMT
If you do a "View source" in your browser, you should get the

<script type='text/javascript' src='.../scripts/jspwiki-edit.js'></script>

<script type='text/javascript' src='.../scripts/posteditor.js'></script>

lines.  Is this the case ?

This is currently broken in 3.0, but should be ok on a 2.8.

dirk

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 7:25 PM, Peter Schart <pete@goodinassociates.com>wrote:

> No, I'm on 2.8.  There is definitely something preventing the javascript
> files from being attached by the addResourceRequest() method.  For instance,
> templates/<my template>/editors/plain.jsp has the following lines:
>
> <%
>   WikiContext context = WikiContext.findContext( pageContext );
>   WikiEngine engine = context.getEngine();
>
>   String contextPath = request.getContextPath();
>
>   TemplateManager.addResourceRequest( context, "script",  contextPath +
> "/scripts/jspwiki-edit.js" );
>   TemplateManager.addResourceRequest( context, "script",  contextPath +
> "/scripts/posteditor.js" );
>   String usertext = EditorManager.getEditedText( pageContext );
> %>
>
> Some simple debugging lets me see that 'context' is a valid object and
> 'contextPath' is "/gal-wiki".  Further, manually navigating to "http://<myserver>/gal-wiki/scripts/jspwiki-edit.js"
> shows the file as would be expected, but there is no indication on the
> resultant page that it even attempted to load those two scripts - they just
> aren't in the response at all, nor is there any indication of an error...
>  Same thing for jspwiki-prefs.js on the preferences page.
>
> pete
>

> On Mar 10, 2009, at 12:24 PM, Andrew Jaquith wrote:
>
>  Are you using 3.0? If so, be aware that lots of things are broken at the
>> moment.
>>
>> On Mar 10, 2009, at 9:33, Peter Schart <pete@goodinassociates.com> wrote:
>>
>>  Replying to my own post...  Anyway, it seems as though the cause of most
>>> of my problems is javascript files not getting added to the page.
>>>  Apparently, "TemplateManager.addResourceRequest()" calls are not happening
>>> correctly.  The prefs page does not have "jspwiki-prefs.js" included and the
>>> edit page does not have "jspwiki-edit.js" or "posteditor.js" included.
>>>
>>> Any ideas as to why addResourceRequest() calls would be failing?
>>>
>>> thanks again,
>>> pete
>>>

>>> On Mar 10, 2009, at 11:15 AM, Peter Schart wrote:
>>>
>>>  Thanks for the suggestion, David.  Unfortunately, I don't think this is

I'm

 This
JSPWiki can

I've tested.