From Bob Paige <bobpa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: checkboxes?
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2009 19:24:00 GMT
The approach taken by VotePlugin, or even persistent metadata, could be
useful but separates the state of the checkboxes from the content. Perhaps
an example (from TiddlyWiki) would help illustrate what I mean:

----------- example page ---------------------
! This is my todo list
[ ]first item
[ ]second item
[x]third item
----------- end example -------------------

(In TiddlyWiki, links are surrounded by [[ ]] instead of just [ ] as in
JSPWiki)

Each "[ ]" is displayed as a checkbox. When the user ticks the box, the "[
]" in the page is replaced with "[x]". Thus, it is easy to both see the
status of a checkbox while editing, and to even create a list of checkboxes
with some pre-ticked.

If the state of the checkboxes was not in the content, it becomes much more
confusing.

Hope this helps.

--
Bobman