From Bob Paige <bobpa...@gmail.com>
Subject accepting forms input in a wiki page
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2009 15:28:35 GMT
Can someone point me to how I could implement the following (and how
reasonable it might be):

I frequently get requests from our support people to look up something in
our transaction database. It is a relatively simple query for me, but I have
to use a SQL client to get the information. They ask me to do it because
they either don't know how or don't have access to the database and the
tools.

Is there some way I could build a wiki page with a couple data entry fields
that, when submitted, performs the required database query(s) and outputs
some formatted response? I don't need to update the page content at all; I'm
really just using it as a simple forms interface to a database.

The (typical) example I am looking at right now is like this:

Inputs:
* client ID
* unit ID

Outputs:
* batch in which it was processed
* date it was processed
* status (success/fail/error message)

There are more complicated examples, but this is a good start.

Is this doable with existing plugins (excellent!) or do I just need to write
a plugin (certainly doable; I've written several already).

--
Bobman