From Louis.Mast...@log-net.com
Subject Re: accepting forms input in a wiki page
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2009 12:51:53 GMT
Bob:

Your process is correct.  The output is displayed however you want.  One
of my forms goes to the DB and gets work items.  It then renders the
html-like tables below the form within the wiki.  It also creates wiki
links on the individual work item numbers so that when they are clicked,
it seamlessly invokes another form/plugin and goes back to the DB to get
more details.  All in all, you can use wiki forms and custom plugins to do
some pretty advanced stuff with you DB data.  I can send you screenshots
off-list if you need more info for your manager.

-Lou

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
LOG-NET, Inc.
The Logistics Network Management System
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
230 Half Mile Road
Third Floor
Red Bank, NJ 07701
PH: 732-758-6800
FAX: 732-747-7497
http://www.LOG-NET.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CONFIDENTIAL & PRIVILEGED
Unless otherwise indicated or if obvious from the nature of the content,
the information contained herein is privileged and confidential
information/work product. The communication is intended for the use of the
individual or entity named above.  If the reader of this transmission is
not the intended recipient, you are  hereby notified that any
notify the sender immediately by telephone (732-758-6800) or by electronic
mail (postmaster@LOG-NET.com), and destroy any copies, electronic, paper
or otherwise, which you may have of this communication.  Thank you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bob Paige <bobpaige@gmail.com> wrote on 02/05/2009 11:51:41 AM:

> Lou,
>
> Thanks! This sounds like just what I want.
>
> Question about how it operates: I assume the user navigates to the wiki
page
> and the form appears. The user then enters the data in the fields and
> presses 'submit', which posts to the server and the plugin. How is the
> output displayed? Is the same page redisplayed with the form, but the
output
> is appended to the bottom? Or is a new page generated?
>
> I want a clear description for my manager to increase his understanding
of
> what I am proposing.
>
> --
> Bobman
>
> On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 11:06 AM, <Louis.Masters@log-net.com> wrote:
>
> > Bob:
> >
> > I have this functioning in our wiki and our account managers love it.
It
> > is a set of wiki forms that access our time tracking DB.  The form is
> > pretty simple:
> >
> > [{FormOpen form='wallydevtestingform'}]
> >
> > ! Developer Testing
> > __Release:__ [{FormInput type='text' name='release'}] \\
> > __Cutoff:__ [{FormInput type='text' name='cutoff'}] \\
> >
> > [{FormInput type='checkbox' name='showDetails' value='showDetails'
> > checked='true'}]Show Details\\
> > [{FormInput type='checkbox' name='useLinks' value='useLinks'}]Link
WIDs\\
> > [{FormInput type='checkbox' name='plainTables'
value='plainTables'}]Use