From Janne Jalkanen <janne.jalka...@ecyrd.com>
Subject Re: seeding content in pages not yet created
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2009 20:28:07 GMT

> Why do you feel _editedtext should not be an officially supported
> feature? Is there a better way to do something similar, or are you
> hoping to develop something better in the future?

It only works with the current incarnation of the plain editor. If you
use FCK, the parameter is different.

Because it is a part of JSPWiki internals, it's currently not
officially supported or documented.  My comment should not be taken as
a value judgement as to its potential worthiness as an official
supported feature later on.  I was just simply stating a fact of its
current level of support. If we want to make it an officially
supported feature, I think it needs a bit more discussion as to
whether this is the correct way.

But it's stayed the same for the last three major versions, and is not
seen to change in 3.0 either.

/Janne