From Murray Altheim <murra...@altheim.com>
Subject Re: headers and anchor's
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2009 04:05:02 GMT
Konstantin Chekushin wrote:
> Just have installed 2.8.1...
> And found this one it changes:
> -----------
> * 2.8.1-svn-3
>         * [JSPWIKI-288] Each heading now has an anchor link after
> it.
>         -----------
> Is it possible to turn off this feature?

This is similar to the "purple links" feature developed as part of
Doug Engelbart's Bootstrap Institute, a means of linking at a
paragraph level. This is important if you are trying to refer to
a section of a page.

Rather than altering the code to turn it off, simply set the CSS
stylesheet for the links to 'display:none'. You can even provide
this as a separate skinned stylesheet and let your users
individually switch it on and off (I've had to create skins for
IE users many times since a lot of things that work in Firefox
I could never reliably get working in IE).

Murray

Murray Altheim <murray09 at altheim dot com>                       ===  = =

                                       -- The Blue Cliff Record