incubator-jspwiki-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Harry Metske <harry.met...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Linking JSPWiki user-ids to an external security package
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2009 06:57:31 GMT
Eric,

I made a bit more general page on it :
http://www.jspwiki.org/wiki/JSPWiki%20on%20the%20Mainframe

It's just a first version, feel free to adjust or expand this information,
and let me know if things work for you.

regards,
Harry

2009/2/10 Carlson, Eric R <eric.carlson@kroger.com>

> Harry,
>
>        I'm definitely interested in either or both solutions.   We are
> running JSPWiki under Tomcat, but I did not set up any sort of security with
> Tomcat - just a basic Admin user-id and password.
>
>                                                Eric R. Carlson
>
> Eric.Carlson@kroger.com
>                                                        (513)-387-7739
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Harry Metske [mailto:harry.metske@gmail.com]
> Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2009 12:37 PM
> To: jspwiki-user@incubator.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Linking JSPWiki user-ids to an external security package
>
> Well,
>
> it sometimes surprises me how many people run it on z/OS :-)
> You can solve your problem in two ways, using a Tomcat realm (if you run
> tomcat off course), or using a JAAS login module.
> I have done both, I would prefer the second one.
> I can get you the source and binaries if you like, or maybe it's better if
> I
> create a page on www.jspwiki.org and document it there and attach the
> source/binaries.
>
> What the loginmodule does is comparable to JSPWiki's
> UserDatabaseLoginModule, but instead of looking up the userdatabase.xml it
> calls IBM's Java for SAF interfaces (
>
> http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/eserver/zseries/software/java/products/j5security.html
> )
> to validate userid/pw, and throw loginexceptions based on the return/reason
> codes.
> There's also a simple Helper class that translates the most common codes to
> human readable messages like "password expired".
>
> Let me know if you're interested.
>
> regards,
> Harry
>
> 2009/2/10 Carlson, Eric R <eric.carlson@kroger.com>
>
> > Is there any way to link the JSPWiki user database to an external
> security
> > package?
> >
> > Specifically, we are running JSPWiki 2.8.1 in Unix System Services under
> > z/OS 1.9.  We have RACF running on z/OS.  I'd like JSPWiki to be able to
> > check the user's RACF user-id and password to verify security.
> >
> > I realize that there aren't many people out there running JSPWiki under
> > z/OS, but if someone has had experience using JSPWiki with some other
> > external security package it may help point me in the right direction.
> >
> >
> >                                                Eric Carlson
> >                                                            The Kroger Co.
> >
> >
> > ________________________________
> > This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of
> the
> > intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is confidential
> and
> > protected by law from unauthorized disclosure. Any unauthorized review,
> use,
> > disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended
> > recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all
> copies
> > of the original message.
> >
>
> This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the
> intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is confidential and
> protected by law from unauthorized disclosure. Any unauthorized review, use,
> disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended
> recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies
> of the original message.
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message