From Harry Metske <harry.met...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Linking JSPWiki user-ids to an external security package
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2009 17:37:17 GMT
Well,

it sometimes surprises me how many people run it on z/OS :-)
You can solve your problem in two ways, using a Tomcat realm (if you run
tomcat off course), or using a JAAS login module.
I have done both, I would prefer the second one.
I can get you the source and binaries if you like, or maybe it's better if I
create a page on www.jspwiki.org and document it there and attach the
source/binaries.

What the loginmodule does is comparable to JSPWiki's
UserDatabaseLoginModule, but instead of looking up the userdatabase.xml it
calls IBM's Java for SAF interfaces (
http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/eserver/zseries/software/java/products/j5security.html)
to validate userid/pw, and throw loginexceptions based on the return/reason
codes.
There's also a simple Helper class that translates the most common codes to
human readable messages like "password expired".

Let me know if you're interested.

regards,
Harry