From Roland Whitehead <rol...@quru.com>
Subject New page template
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2009 08:41:00 GMT
I have been asked to provide templates for new pages. When someone
creates a new page, rather than having a blank empty page, they want
some pre-written information (such as ACLs, various headers and so
forth) already in place.

There are two stages to this request:
1. Provide a default pre-populated new page and
2. Provide multiple different pre-populated pages, perhaps based on
some naming in the original link.

As an example I am thinking along the lines of something like:

[my new page | myNewPage template='thisTemplateName']

Clicking on this when "myNewPage" doesn't exist would produce a new
page based on "thisTemplateName". "thisTemplateName" would already be
a wiki page so that "myNewPage" would effectively be a clone of
"thisTemplateName". If "myNewPage" already exists then the template
would just be ignored.

Even if 2 isn't currently viable, has anyone got any suggestions for a
default pre-populated page template? Have I missed something obvious?

TIA

Roland
--
QURU Ltd, London