From Janne Jalkanen <janne.jalka...@iki.fi>
Subject Re: UserTimezone shift after 2.8.1 Upgrade
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2009 14:20:59 GMT
> Nicola's got a point, though. The user's timezone could be easily
> persisted as a UserProfile attribute.... and it probably should be.

But that'll work only if you're using our UserDatabase.

IMO we should have a separate databases for user preferences and user
authentication.  The first one is just a key-value store, and
user-extensible, and the latter is our current auth db.  This allows
you to use LDAP and still benefit from local settings.

/Janne