From Janne Jalkanen <janne.jalka...@iki.fi>
Subject Re: checkboxes?
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2009 13:32:51 GMT
> The approach taken by VotePlugin, or even persistent metadata, could be
> useful but separates the state of the checkboxes from the content. Perhaps
> an example (from TiddlyWiki) would help illustrate what I mean:

Yup, and that's the whole idea.  *If* you modify the content of the
page, you can't really avoid possible conflicts, which I understood to
be your requirement.

Locking doesn't help either, because in your model there is no "start
of edit", which would lock the page.

So the real solution would be a true collaborative editor, in which
all changes to a page would be reflected to everyone currently viewing
the page.  This is not impossible, though a lot of work :-)

/Janne