From "Hobbs, Joseph" <Joseph.Ho...@53.com>
Subject RE: embedding links to windows shares
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2009 14:57:15 GMT

From: Harry Metske [mailto:harry.metske@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2009 4:19 PM
To: jspwiki-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: embedding links to windows shares

maybe this will help :
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Links_to_local_pages_don%27t_work

but be aware it's a security risk

regards,
Harry

2009/2/3 Bob Paige <bobpaige@gmail.com>

> Quinn,
>
> Thanks, that works great (from IE). Does anyone have any idea what firefox
> setting is required?
>
> Thanks all for the incredibly quick responses!
>
> --
> Bobman
>
> On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 3:37 PM, Quinn Fissler <qfissler@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > [File:\\server\share\directory]  works fine in MS IE but AFAIK firefox
> has
> > to have some security settings changed to work.
> >
> > 2009/2/3 Bob Paige <bobpaige@gmail.com>
> >
> > > How can I embed a link to a file on a windows share, within a wiki
> page?
> > >
> > > Something like this:
> > >
> > > [\\server\path\filename.doc]
> > >
> > > Obviously this doesn't work becasue of the backslashes, but you get the
> > > idea.
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Bobman

This e-mail transmission contains information that is confidential and may be privileged.
  It is intended only for the addressee(s) named above. If you receive this e-mail in error,
please do not read, copy or disseminate it in any manner. If you are not the intended recipient,
any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited.
Please reply to the message immediately by informing the sender that the message was misdirected.
After replying, please erase it from your computer system. Your assistance in correcting this
error is appreciated.