From Andrew R Jaquith <andrew.r.jaqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with custom Authorizers under JSPWiki 2.8.0
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2009 17:10:26 GMT
Steve --

Sorry for the delay in my reply. The end-of-year and holiday have
meant that I haven't been able to do as much work on JSPWiki in the
last few weeks.

Looking a bit into the code, in 2.8, it turns out that the code that
looks for container roles moved to WebContainerLoginModule. It calls
isUserInRole( HttpServletRequest, Principal ), and not the WikiSesson
version. That explains why your roles aren't being added to the user's
Principal list. Thus, in the short term, you need to implement
WebAuthorizer in order to make your Authorizer work.

That said, I recognize that the technique we use in 2.8 is causing
your custom Authorizer to fail, and as such I'd have to call it a bug.
Implementing Authorizer should have been sufficient, you should not
have to implement WebAuthorizer.

We would have caught this if we had a unit test for custom
authorizers, but we don't. I will fix this -- both the bug, and lack
of tests for custom authorizers -- in the next maintenance release of
2.8. I hope to have the fix in the 2.8 trunk into the next week or two.

In the meantime, I'd like to enlist your help in the fix. Once I get a
fix committed, could you test it out with your Authorizer?

Andrew