From "Bob Paige" <bobpa...@gmail.com>
Subject http forwards
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2008 18:39:24 GMT
I am reorganizing some pages in our in-house wiki and realized that it will
invalidate any bookmarks created by other team members. I wonder if there is
some easy way to have the old URLs forward to the new ones.

I'm thinking what I would do is create a page with the old name that
forwards to the new page. Short-term solution is to just include a link to
the new page and a message saying "we moved it, so click here". But I was
hoping to automate it a bit.

One possibility is to write a plugin; this I can easily do but would require
a little time. Parameter would be the new page name. Output of the plugin
would be an http refresh that loads the new page. That way the user doesn't
need to click on anything; old bookmarks continue to work.

Could the same thing be accomplished with interwiki links? Something like
[forward:old page name] and have it output an http refresh tag?

Or is there an even better way to do this that I'm not thinking of?

--
Bobman