From Hein <12...@vodafone.nl>
Subject JSPWiki install problem
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2008 21:27:18 GMT
Hi,

I need some help with the installation of JSPWiki on Tomcat5.5.

Tomcat is installed on a Debian (Etch) machine and I have a few
home-made Java applications already running on it.
Security manager is turned off.

When I just drop the war file in the webapps folder, I get the following
errors in the log file:

Dec 18, 2008 9:59:03 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
INFO: No jspwiki.propertyfile defined for this context, using default
from /WEB-INF/jspwiki.properties
Dec 18, 2008 9:59:03 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
INFO: Loading cascading properties...
Dec 18, 2008 9:59:03 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
INFO:  No cascading properties defined for this context
Dec 18, 2008 9:59:05 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
INFO: JSPWiki: Unable to load and setup properties from
jspwiki.properties. Failed to start; please check log files for better
information.
Dec 18, 2008 9:59:05 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
INFO: ERROR: Failed to create a Wiki engine: JSPWiki: Unable to load and
setup properties from jspwiki.properties. Failed to start; please check
log files for better information.
Dec 18, 2008 9:59:05 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext filterStart
SEVERE: Exception starting filter WikiJSPFilter
com.ecyrd.jspwiki.InternalWikiException: No wiki engine, check logs.
    at com.ecyrd.jspwiki.WikiEngine.getInstance(WikiEngine.java:346)
    at
com.ecyrd.jspwiki.ui.WikiServletFilter.init(WikiServletFilter.java:79)
    at com.ecyrd.jspwiki.ui.WikiJSPFilter.init(WikiJSPFilter.java:76)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.getFilter(ApplicationFilterConfig.java:223)

etc, etc.

I also tried to deploy it from the Tomcat manager page with a
JSPWiki.xml property file file but i'm not sure what I have to put in
that file.

Why doesn't it just work, what magic is needed here ?  :-(

Regards,
Hein