From Brian Burch <br...@PingToo.com>
Subject Re: Displaying images outside the webapp container (SOLVED)
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2008 15:09:02 GMT
Hassan Schroeder wrote:

>> The only problem is that every other webapp under the same Host will
>> now be allowed to follow symlinks, so I need to work out how to
>> restrict the permission to only jspWiki.
>
> ? allowLinking is a Context attribute, not a Host attribute.

Well, sort of... you have to create a context xml file in
$CATALINA_HOME/conf/[engine-name]/[host-name]/[context-path].xml

I have just added a new section on this topic to the Tomcat FAQ in the wiki.

http://www.jspwiki.org/wiki/Tomcat#section-Tomcat-HowToAccessFilesOutsideTheWebappContainer

I have also put a link to it from the FAQAdministration page.

Regards,

Brian