From Alex Samad <a...@samad.com.au>
Subject Re: JSPWiki install problem
Date Fri, 19 Dec 2008 10:38:58 GMT
On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 12:14:40PM +0200, Kalle Kivimaa wrote:
> Alex Samad <alex@samad.com.au> writes:
> >>
> >> Depends. Sometimes I lag behind, sometimes I'm pretty close. In any
> >> case, you can always take the same major release version (eg. any
> >> 2.8.x) and drop the files over the existing installation with very
> >> little trouble (usually no trouble, but you never know when Janne
> >> introduces some config file changes :)
> > cool (your the pm ?), sounds easy
>
> Yeah, I'm the Debian JSPWiki package maintainer. One thing to be
> careful about is that dropping a new release on top of an existing
> Debian JSPWiki installation in /usr/share/jspwiki will break these
> symlinks, which you probably want to restore, or not.
>
> /usr/share/jspwiki/WEB-INF/jspwiki.properties
> /usr/share/jspwiki/WEB-INF/jspwiki.tld
> /usr/share/jspwiki/WEB-INF/web.xml

I also have my old (2.5.x) pages to move over as well, just built a vm
(with virtual box) and install a base am64 + sun java 1.6 + tomcat 5.5
machine to test a migration, I also have some of my plugins as well -
have to see if they work or not :)

--
"We've had no evidence that Saddam Hussein was involved in Sept. 11."

	- George W. Bush
08/17/2003
Washington, DC