From "Hobbs, Joseph" <Joseph.Ho...@53.com>
Subject RE: http forwards
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2008 18:55:20 GMT
Bob,

The plugin you seek already exists.  Check out RedirectPlugin

http://www.jspwiki.org/wiki/RedirectPlugin

Joseph Hobbs
Lead Technology Architect
Enabling Technologies : Technical Services
Fifth Third Bank
Phone : (513) 534-5908
Fax : (513) 534-3408
Email : Joseph.Hobbs@53.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Paige [mailto:bobpaige@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2008 1:39 PM
To: jspwiki-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: http forwards

I am reorganizing some pages in our in-house wiki and realized that it
will
invalidate any bookmarks created by other team members. I wonder if
there is
some easy way to have the old URLs forward to the new ones.

I'm thinking what I would do is create a page with the old name that
forwards to the new page. Short-term solution is to just include a link
the new page and a message saying "we moved it, so click here". But I
was
hoping to automate it a bit.

One possibility is to write a plugin; this I can easily do but would
require
a little time. Parameter would be the new page name. Output of the
plugin
would be an http refresh that loads the new page. That way the user
doesn't
need to click on anything; old bookmarks continue to work.

Could the same thing be accomplished with interwiki links? Something
like
[forward:old page name] and have it output an http refresh tag?

Or is there an even better way to do this that I'm not thinking of?

--
Bobman

This e-mail transmission contains information that is confidential and may be privileged.
  It is intended only for the addressee(s) named above. If you receive this e-mail in error,
please do not read, copy or disseminate it in any manner. If you are not the intended recipient,
any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited.
Please reply to the message immediately by informing the sender that the message was misdirected.
After replying, please erase it from your computer system. Your assistance in correcting this
error is appreciated.