From Hassan Schroeder <has...@webtuitive.com>
Subject Re: JSPWiki + Ubuntu
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2008 15:35:05 GMT
Murray Altheim wrote:

> As for answering this guy's questions, I've only had to set JAVA_HOME
> for my own local build environment, never for Tomcat, which seems on
> Ubuntu to manage just fine when letting the Synaptic Package Manager
> do all the installations of Apache, Tomcat and Java. I've not had to
> touch any of that on a default Ubuntu installation.

If you search the Tomcat-users mailing list, you'll find many, many
references to people having problems with Linux-distro-repackaged
versions of Tomcat -- which invariably go away when they download a
standard Apache-generated binary.

FWIW, just another data point...

Webtuitive Design ===  (+1) 408-621-3445   === http://webtuitive.com

                           dream.  code.