From ma...@telenet.be
Subject JSPWiki 2.8 Authentication troubles
Date Mon, 27 Oct 2008 12:57:59 GMT
Hi,

we are currently running JSPWiki 2.4, with our own custom LDAP login- and Userdatabase module,
and we want to upgrade to 2.8.
However we have troubles with the new implemented Authorisation & Authentication:
- navigating to the Login or Userpreferences page does not work, the page gets not loaded,
no error or warning is given, nothing to find in the logs (even in debug mode) except for
the following lines:
"INFO com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.UserManager  - Attempting to load user database class ... .LDAPUserDatabase
INFO com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.user.AbstractUserDatabase  - Initializing LDAP database ...
INFO com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.UserManager  - UserDatabase initialized."
So it seems that our Userdatbase is initialized correctly.

- I tried to go to the Admin and SecurityConfig pages and these gave me following errors:
* Admin page:
"An error occurred while getting property "wikiNames" from an instance of class ... .LDAPUserDatabase.
Exception
    javax.servlet.jsp.el.ELException
Place where detected
    org.apache.commons.el.Logger.logError(), line 484"

* SecurityConfig:
"Error Message
    An unknown exception java.lang.NullPointerException was caught by Error.jsp.
Exception
    java.lang.NullPointerException
Place where detected
    com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.WikiPrincipal.hashCode(), line 145 "

Our implementation only returns a profile for "findByLoginName", that was never a problem,
and "getWikiNames" probably always returns an empty array, maybe that is the problem ?

regards,
Marc Patteet